Ahhh, Wicked Wednesday turned into Very, Very Wicked Wednesday. First, I made this recipe Tuesday night and ate some on Wednesday. Then went to a casual in-the-park birthday party where they had the most amazing vegan, rich chocolate cake with a rich dark chocolate icing. Yes, I had a piece. THEN, the kids decided to go get ice cream, too! It's just around the corner from the park and they make a great coconut sorbet. Just one scoop, that's all I had.
Here's the latest version of my "Chocolate Mousse" which starts with a very basic recipe that you can add any flavoring to. (See Vegan Chocolate Peppermintini Mousse.)
I had some Raspberry wine in the pantry which was very thick and more like a liqueur. This made five large servings, but you can make 7-8 easily with smaller portions, more granola and top it with some vegan whipped cream. And of course, some fresh raspberries!
Chocolate Raspberry Moose and Squirrel
1 aseptic package silken tofu
1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup agave syrup or sugar of choice*
1/4 cup Raspberry wine
1/2 Tbs vanilla
* The Girl thinks this still needs more sugar. I like it at a 1/2 cup, but I think you could add 1/4-1/3 cup more.
1. Blend tofu and wine in a food processor or blender until very smooth. Add agave and vanilla, blend again.
2. Melt chips carefully and slowly in the microwave or on the stove-top.
3. Carefully add the melted chocolate chips to the tofu mixture while still in the processor or blender. Blend and scrape down sides until well blended.
4. Pour into serving cups or large bowl and store in fridge until cold. It will harden as it cools.
Top with granola, whipped cream, more wine or liqueur, raspberries.