Thursday, September 12, 2013

Vegan MOFO: Thaw-it Thursday–Amy's Dairy Free Rice Macaroni and Cheeze

 Amy's Dairy Free Rice Macaroni and Cheeze

 So I guess I am going to be quite lazy on Thursdays after all and just thaw something I like! This is one of my favorite comfort foods, and since it's not the cheapest frozen convenience product out there, it's a treat for now and then. It heats in the microwave in under 5 minutes, is thick and creamy and just enough for a meal. (To be healthy, I should make myself a nice salad. Uh huh, yeah, I'll do that....)


When I'm eating nightshades, I also add a few drops of sriracha sauce to give it a little heat. Not much, just some added flavor. The pasta is probably a bit on the mushy side, but hey, this is a frozen gluten-free product and I think it's just fine. Sometimes I add some extra pasta and some vegan sour cream or cream cheese to stretch it a bit. Also great with some vegan chili thrown in. (Chili-Man Chili is our favorite canned chili at our house. The hubbie can use a can opener and the DD loves the chili.)

Thumbs up for Amy's GF, Non-dairy Rice Macaroni and Cheeze

No comments: