1-2 Tbs olive oil (or water for lower fat)
1 red pepper (I didn't use a pepper, but 1/4 tsp chili powder)
1-2 onions chopped
Salt and pepper
2 bags frozen corn (or equal amounts fresh)
6-8 cups veggie stock
1 package Soyrizo (vegan soy chorizo)
3-4 potatoes, cubed
1 cup milk alternative
Vegan sour cream
- Saute onion and red pepper (if using) with salt, pepper and olive oil. Add veggie stock, one bag of the corn, Soyrizo and potatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Scoop out about half the potatoes with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer carefully to a blender and blend to desired chunkiness.
- Add the last bag of corn, the potatoes you took out and the milk.
- Simmer all until warm, but do not boil.
- Top with desired toppings or set several out for your guests to choose. This would also be great with a nice crusty bread or a corn bread.