Friday, March 4, 2011

Stir-fry

I hadn't made a stir-fry in a long time and this one came together so nicely! I already had some rice made and had plenty of veggies in the fridge. This is a throw-it-together dinner if there ever was one.

Cooked Brown Rice
Firm tofu (cut in triangles)
Sugar snap peas
sliced carrots
chopped or torn kale
olive oil
coconut oil
sesame seed oil
soy sauce
ginger powder
garlic powder

I browned the tofu in some soy sauce (I use reduced sodium wheat-free Tamari) with a little olive oil. I could have used some coconut oil here for more flavor. Set it aside. Then in true stir-fry fashion, I fried the carrots first (longest to cook), then the snap peas, then the kale, all the while throwing some garlic or ginger powder on top, along with a little sesame oil. (I made this dish without the usual gresh garlic and onions since a family member is having a sensitivity.) Once the kale had reduced volume, I threw in the rice. It was sticking to the pan a little and that's when I realized I could be using some coconut oil for a real zip. Get it all heated through, put the tofu back in, heat a little longer and serve.

No comments: