It's a bit of a stretch, I know. It's really a giant cookie in a pie plate. But I think it counts. It's round, looks like a pie, and I really don't like pie all that much anyway.
And yes, that is my Big Bang Theory calendar. (March 14 also happens to be Einstein's Birthday! How about that for the "circle" of life?! Yes, that was a double funny.)
You can find the VERY simple recipe for it here:
My notes on the recipe:
- I made it gluten-free with Bob's Red Mill GF mix plus 1 tsp xanthan gum and extra water.
- I used the olive oil as called for, but next time I would use canola or melted vegan butter.
- I used half agave and half maple syrup.
- I used half the chocolate chips called for since I was out of them and had to cut up a vegan chocolate bar.
- I added a 1/2 cup walnuts.
- I didn't use the coconut flakes. No one here would have liked that in this.